Technology has been steadily improving with the advancements made in the scientific community. Over the decades, the quality of healthcare has increased, and people around the world can get health issues taken care of with less risk involved. The dental industry has made leaps and bounds, coming a long way since the early decades of dentistry when many people lost teeth and struggled to correct orthodontic issues.
One of the most prevalent advances in dentistry has been 3D imaging – technology that gives dentists a way to look at your mouth with more detail and precision than ever before. 3D imaging is much more efficient, precise, and in-depth than the traditional 2D imaging technology used in the past.
- Efficiency – Our team of dentist in Globe, AZ will be able to see the entire inside of the mouth, not simply a corner or partial view that is commonly seen in most x-ray images using a 2D machine.
- Precision – The view that dentists receive lets them see how teeth should be aligned as well as how well they are positioned next to one another.
- In-Depth – Your dentist will be able to see exactly what treatments need to be done in order to achieve the smile and oral health you desire and will know exactly how to go about your care plan.
Uses of 3D Imaging
3D imaging can be used in several different areas of dentistry. When your dentist needs to perform any treatment that alters your teeth and their position, then an x-ray is an invaluable tool that can ensure the success of your dental care. 3D technology is commonly used in:
- Cosmetic dentistry: When your teeth do not look the way you want them to, cosmetic dentistry allows your dentist to make your teeth look beautiful and naturally pearlescent.
- Restoration: When your smile needs to be restored, or if you are in the market for a smile makeover, then 3D imaging may be used by your dentist to craft your smile.
- Orthodontic treatment: Need braces? 3D technology can speed up the rate of treatment with precise adjustments.
- If you are interested in learning more about how we can help you get a smile you love, call or visit our Copper Vista dentist near you.